The SFPC Steering Committee is the governing body charged with ensuring the guiding principles of the Springfield Food Policy Council are maintained and that steady progress is being made towards its' goals.
Our Steering Committee is a unique composition of citizens (elected at the annual meeting by other general food policy council members) and city officials (appointed by the presiding mayor).
Elected members serve either a two or three year term.
Appointed members serve at the discretion of the Mayor.
Meetings: The fourth Wednesday of the month
Place: Email email@example.com for location.
Time: 5:30-7:00 pm
All meetings are open to the public.
STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS (as of March 2017)
Kia McAndrews-Davis- Appointed
Kathy Wicks - Elected
Cicily Corbett - Elected
Phil Dromey - Appointed
Awilda Sanchez- Elected
Robert Hassett - Appointed
Betsy Johnson - Elected/Secretary
Richard Johnson - Elected
Philip Korman - Elected
Marcus Hinkley - Elected
Ibrahim Ali - Elected
Frank Nocito-Martinez - Appointed
Synthia Scott-Mitchell - Elected
Destiny Long - Elected
Ed Whitley - Appointed
Liz Wills-O'Gilvie - Elected/Chair
Congratulations to our newly elected Steering Committee Members as of May 25, 2016!!
EXPECTATIONS OF STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Disclose any real or perceived conflict(s) of interest
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis and special events as able
- Participate on at least one (1) committee and serve on ad hoc committees as necessary
- Be alert to mutual community concerns that can be addressed by the SFPC and our committees
- Help communicate and promote the SFPC's mission to the community
- Become familiar with the SFPC's finances, budget, and financial/resource needs
- Understand the policies and procedures of the SFPC
- Financial support the SFPC in a manner commesurate with one's ability